* Fabric - 25 cm x 25 cm high (10 in x 10 in) (front)
* Fabric - 25 cm x 25 cm high (10 in x 10 in) (back)
* Fabric scraps (Appliqué)
* Vliesofix® (Appliqué)
* Bias tape (150 cm - 60 in)
Download the free sewing pattern here.
Cut out 2 of the bib pattern.
Make the fabric owl appliqué: Draw the different pieces of the owl appliqué onto the vliesofix®. Draw it in a mirror, so it faces the right way when it is finished. Leave 1 cm (½ in) of extra material around the traced pieces and cut out. Iron the gluey side down to the fabric scraps. Peel off the paper.
Cut the shapes out of the different fabrics with the vliesofix® attached to the back. Iron the fabrics with vliesofix® at the back onto the front of the bib (Iron the gluey side down). Use a tight zigzag stitch to attach the pieces to the fabric. Keep most of the stitching on the design rather than the background fabric. The zigzag stitch should be 2 wide and 0.5 - 1 long.
Place the front piece right-side down on your work surface. Place the back piece right-side up on top and pin down.
The bias tape is attached in 2 steps:
1. Start to attach bias tape on the right neck side, go around the border on to the other side.
2. Attach bias tape alongside the neck with leaving tails of 25 cm to attach the bib to the neck of the child.
© small dreamfactory
intended for non commercial use only